Today we travel in almost thirty years back to discover one of the innermost recipes that once visited our family confectionery.
This is the story of a cheesecake that tastes like a piece of family tradition, full of vanilla, almonds and sweet cherries.
Today I share with you the secret of this delicious almond cheesecake with cherries.
- Flour - 130g
- Butter - 90g
- Sifted powdered sugar - 30g
- Half an egg
- Ground almond - 32g
- Vanilla pod - 1/3
- Pinch of salt
Vanilla sponge cake:
- Eggs - 2 pieces
- Small sugar - 60g
- Flour - 60g
- Liquid vanilla - 2G
- Cherries - 360g (fresh or frozen)
- Potato flour - 16g
- Sugar - 30g
- Vanilla cottage cheese - 160g
- Almond flour - 25g
- Powdered sugar - 90g
- Potato flour - 10g
- Dissolved butter - 40g
- Eggs - 80g
- Lemon juice - 15g
- In a bowl, mix butter with sugar, salt and vanilla grains.
- Add half an egg, ground almonds and finally flour. Knead the dough, forming a ball.
- Wrap the dough in foil and cool in the fridge for an hour.
- After cooling the dough, roll it out to a thickness of about 4 mm and put the bottom of the form 18 cm in diameter and 4 cm high.
- Cool the form in the fridge for 15 minutes, and then put a vanilla sponge cake on it.
Vanilla sponge cake:
- Beat eggs with sugar, add vanilla and then flour. Pour the finished mass into a sponge cake and bake in an oven preheated to 175 degrees Celsius for about 35-40 minutes until the sponge cake is golden-brown and flexible to the touch.
- After baking, remove the sponge cake, cool and put it out of the mold.
- Cook cherries with sugar until they release the juice.
- Mix the potato juice with flour, and then pour this mixture back into the cherry, cooking it until they thicken and become glassy. Cool them and put them on a sponge cake.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla cottage cheese with sugar, eggs, dissolved butter, lemon juice, both types of flour.
- Pour the cheese mass into a layer of cherry on a sponge cake and bake at 165 degrees Celsius for about 40-50 minutes, until the cheesecake is golden and well baked.
Summary: After removing the cheesecake from the oven, you can spread it with apricot jam, decorate with fresh cherries and crushed pistachios. It tastes best chilled after a few hours in the fridge.
Enjoy your meal!
P.S. If you want to see the process of preparing this delicious cheesecake, please visit Instagram Carolinewhere you will find a step by step movie! 🍰😍